Friday, March 28, 2008

News

Sometimes when life hits you like a ton of bricks, it helps to sit quietly and take it all in. That is what we have been doing for the past four weeks. God has carried us through a number of difficulties over the past 3 years or so. Lately, I was looking forward to breathing for a moment, recovering and trying to look forward to enjoying a season of sweet rest. Our youngest child has been sick most of his life, and it seemed like things were coming to a close. The doctors' bills might finally have a chance of being caught up on. We've been working like mad dogs, with Nathan working 2 jobs (one third shift) and going to school full time, and me working a part time job with the kids, it's been too crazy. He would graduate this Summer though, and it would slow down for a bit. We could finally stop running, stop working so hard, stop pushing until we had nothing in us. God had something else in mind. We have been blessed with another life to care for. We will be bringing another sweet child into this world sometime around October. I truly cannot describe what tremendous fear and trembling took place in the Wandell home as we saw the providence of God one up any plans I had in mind. His plans are way better, and clearly much more exciting!

Nathan and I have decided that it's "Game On" as far as Ben and Grace are concerned. There can be no more practice parenting in our home! Nathan and I will now be outnumbered, and that basically means that your children could possibly eat you alive. So we have our work cut out for us. I am halfway joking in this, of course. They won't literally eat us!

I will not post too much more tonight as I have another early morning tomorrow at work. I believe that God is sovereign, that He knows all things, that He knows what is best for His children, and the He is the creator and provider of all things. Therefore whatever need I present to Him, he cares about it and can fulfill it.

I have a doctor's appointment Monday, which I plan to be sharing on soon.

1 comment:

Mel Gruver said...

Three things:

First- I'm pumped for you AND praying

Second- My blog is back!

Third- I tagged you. Check out my blog for details.